9-yr-old boy poses with baby sister: Days later dad spots something unusual in son’s face

Like any other young boy Bailey Cooper until the day doctors diagnosed him with non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma an aggressive form of C@ncer

His life was instantly turned upside down, now being replaced by rounds of chemo and visits to the hospital.

Bradley remained positive and upbeat throughout despite all the trials and tribulations and terrifying time for his family.

There was good news in February 2017  that Bradley’s cancer was gone and he could return to school and life would be back to normal.

In a cruel twist, however, by Easter 2017 the family were called to the hospital for a conversation that would shatter their hearts.

It was discovered following a routine check-up that Bailey’s cancer had returned.

The 9-year-old once again fought admirably while battling the disease.

Once more came good news, the cancer was gone as the results were positive.

Proud of their little boy the family crossed their fingers and hoped that this would be the last time cancer would ever affect their lives.

In August 2017, the family was faced with a shocking reality just months after being given the all clear.

The forecast was bleak as the cancer had returned for the third time.

Bailey’s dad Lee said “Rachel took him into the hospital, and they said to get me in, I got out of work and came immediately. I was thinking about what the doctors had said before when they said if cancer came back, there was nothing else they could do. She [the consultant] broke the news to us. It was late Stage Four, and it was even worse. It was very aggressive.”

Step 4 is the stage where cancer has spread throughout a patient’s body, chances of successful treatment at that point are significantly reduced.

Doctors discovered tumors in little Bailey’s chest, lungs, liver, and stomach, giving him only days, perhaps weeks, to live.

Bailey was destroyed, when he was given the heartbreaking news, but was determined to fight on.

He wanted to meet his little sister who was due to be born just a few months later.

The family prayed, hoping that their boy would survive long enough to meet his newest sibling.

The little boy showed just what a fighter he was against all the odds.

He was allowed to hold his newborn sister in his arms in November and his parents even let him choose the little girl’s name: Millie.

Mom Rachel said “I didn’t think he would last that long, but he was determined to meet Millie. It got to the end of November, and Millie was born. He hugged her and did everything an older brother would do – change her, wash her, sing to her.

Shortly, after Millie was born Bailey began to lose his strength, his body weakened with each passing day as the cancer steadily took hold.

Lee and Rachel asked their son to write a Christmas list of presents he wanted as they only dared to dream that they might spend Christmas together. 
Bailey displayed the same selflessness he had throughout his entire battle.

He asked for toys for his younger brother, Riley, knowing he would benefit from them as he would never get the chance to play with them.

Bailey’s friends and relatives made one last trip to the hospital just before Christmas, 2017.

His grandmother cried when she arrived and told him that she wished she could take his place instead.

Bailey simply answered: “That is really selfish Nan. You have grandchildren to take care of.”

Eventually, cancer spread to Bailey’s brain, the brave boy told his family that he knew it was soon to be his time after five painful days of radiation therapy.

He said, “I want to stay but it’s my time to go, to become her guardian angel.”

Bailey gave his final farewell on December 22, 2017, where his family sat by his side as the little boy slowly stopped breathing.

We sat there hour by hour, watching him slip away. We read him stories, and listened to his favorite music,” Rachel recalls.

By 11.45am on Christmas Eve, we were by his bedside. We knew it was not going to be too long. We told him ‘It’s time to go Bailey. Stop.’
“The moment we said ‘stop’, he took his last breath and had just the one tear come out of his eye. It was peaceful.” she remarks.

The family remains heartbroken by his loss, but find comfort in each other knowing that their boy is finally resting in peace.

Lee said “We are numb, but in a way also happy he is no longer in pain.”

They are now determined to fulfill their son’s wishes and listen to his last instructions.

Rachel adds “He told us in our last family meeting, you’re only allowed to cry for 20 minutes. You have to take care of Riley and Millie.’”

Please share this so that his legacy continues to survive!

Published By Trending Stylist.