Mom thought 3-year-old son was stung by wasp: realizes truth when his body suddenly turns blue

We all adore a beautiful summer full of sunshine and good times.

Having a lovely meal outside, heading to a lake or forest, long walks on a beach… it doesn’t get much better than that!

With all that extra time spent outdoors, summer comes with certain risks that Kristoffer Nordgarden painfully experienced first-hand.

With summer comes more barefoot time, which increases the risk of injury through accidentally stepping over something sharp… or even wildlife.

But when 3-year-old Kristoffer suddenly ran to his mother Elisabeth Nordgarden one day, she initially didn’t think it was anything too serious.

“Me and the boys were visiting my grandparents, then Kristoffer began to cry a little and climbed onto my lap. We thought he had been stung by a wasp or scratched himself on a branch,” Elisabeth explains.

Elisabeth Nordgarden could never have imagined that that weekend would end up being one of the most dramatic she’d ever lived.

Kristoffer’s foot began to swell and turn blue about 15 minutes later.

The ambulance and helicopter arrived quickly. They kept saying it was a viper snake bite and we were transported to a hospital,” says Elisabeth.

Kristoffer promptly received an antidote and thankfully began to show signs of recovery. His vital signs were ok, but suddenly, he got worse. Much worse.

It turned out that the boy had internal bleeding in his intestine.

Doctors measured Kristoffer’s blood value and found it at 5 (11 is the standard). The boy had also quickly lost weight — he’d gone from 44 pounds down to 33.

Soon, the mother understood how serious the situation was, and that’s when she really began to worry.

Every body’s response to a viper snake bite can be different, with children especially vulnerable to strong reactions.

It’s very important to keep calm and if ever bitten by a viper snake, emergency room doctor Harry Achterberg said.

During cooler months, vipers’ metabolisms are lower and they remain hidden, but as the sun comes out and warmer temperatures fill the air, so do the venomous creatures.

“Vipers are much more active in the summer. More people are also out in nature, and therefore there are greater chances of encountering one,” Petter Bøchman explains.

It is therefore wise to wear shoes or boots when you are outdoors in any are where vipers might be present.

Kristoffer finally recovered and the days were very difficult was able to go home after one and a half weeks at the hospital.

The 3-year-old seems to have taken the horrific experience well, despite everything according to mom Elisabeth.

He started playing the very day once he returned home, meanwhile, Elisabeth says that she will certainly be more cautious in the future.

I have much more respect for vipers now and I will ensure that my kids wear boots when they go out in areas with high grass in the future,” she says.

Please feel free to Share this post with your friends and family.

Published By Trending Stylist.