This 9 month old baby suffered 3rd degree burns from an outside hose, his mother is now trying to warn parents around the world of the dangers. ABC 15 News The Lowdown Arizona mom, Dominique Woodger, says ” scalding water from a garden hose accidentally sprayed her son, burning over 30 percent of his little body. It’s heartbreaking. It is. It sucks. ”
She said to ABC news: “All of it was peeling. He had blisters all over the right side”
She was getting ready to fill an outside water pool when the incident happened.
Roasting hot water then came out of the hose and she jokingly sprayed it at him without realizing how hot the water was.
“I thought he was crying because he was mad because he hates when he gets sprayed in the face. I didn’t think that it was burning him,”
Like many other parents she never knew how hot these pipes can get in the summer.
A firefighter named Larry Subervi said ” Outside temperatures of 115 degrees heat water sitting in a hose up to 150 degrees. ”
“So at those temperatures, something as short as a 10 or 30-second exposure can result in a second-degree burn,” he said to ABC news
The poor child is expected to make a full recovery, but his mom does not want any parent or child to suffer the same as they did.
“Just be careful,” she warns. “Just touch it (the water) before you spray, before you let your kids near it.”
Another thing Larry Subervi warned about is walking on the hot pavement during the summer.
He said that some children suffered worse than 3rd degree burns on their feet because their parents never realized how hot the pavement can get in the summer. He said ” It can get so hot you can boil an egg in 2 minutes on it “.
Here is an image of a woman who suffered burns and blisters after stepping onto a hot pavement.
Please SHARE this story so other parents know about the dangers of a water hose in the summer and hot pavements.
With summer nearing its best that parents are informed and know about these dangers before its too late.