Teen dies of toxic shock syndrome on overnight school trip.

None of us are immune to sorrow, and everybody who has endured misfortune comprehends that misery changes, however you never get up one morning and to have moved forward.

It remains with you, and, only you know, your feelings. For Sara Manitoski’s family, it has been a troublesome year.

They lost their 16-year-old girl in March 2017 when she was on a term school trip close to a Vancouver Island.

However, nobody could envision the appalling reason for her passing away which shook around a whole community.

In March 2017, Grade 11 understudy Sara Manitoski was on an overnight educational tip on Hornby Island, off Vancouver Island.

Sara’s companions thought she was asleep when they cleared out their lodge without her before breakfast.

When they returned, Manitoski was still in asleep, despite the fact that her alarm was going off.

They saw that she wouldn’t wake up. Paramedics, school staff and teachers performed CPR, yet Sara stayed unresponsive.

Sara Manitoski couldn’t be revived at the tender age of just 16 years.

The coroners report concluded that the Canadian adolescent experienced toxic shock syndrome (TSS), or, in other words bacterial disease which is caused by leaving in a tampon for a really long duration.

They confirmed a strain of staphylococcus aureus on a tampon, and different indications of TSS.

Certainly we know a person needs to have this particular bacteria to get sick, and then there may be something with tampon use, maybe prolonged tampon use, that puts that risk higher for developing a more widespread infection,” Dee Hoyano, Island Health Medical officer, explains to  CTV Vancouver Island.

Carli Manitoski, Sara’s sister, turned to Facebook to warn people about the dangers of TSS:

After 9 agonizing months we have finally got confirmation that my little sister passed away from Toxic Shock Syndrome or (TSS). Women need to be more educated on this subject, some of you might not even know what TSS is. They say getting TSS is incredibly rare but I know two people that have had it, with one barely surviving and my sister who died from it. Can it really be that rare? My sister complained of stomach cramps before going to bed and then she never woke up. My beautiful, incredibly healthy sister died because of this so please share, educate yourselves and be cautious whenever using tampons.

”There is such little education on this and it needs to be brought to light. Such an unnecessary and tragic thing to happen to such an amazing young lady. I wouldn’t want this to happen to anyone else and if this post makes even one person aware and go look up and educate themselves on TSS then I am grateful. Thank you for reading and please share 

Symptoms to watch watch out for

Always remember, super-absorbant tampons that are left in for over eight hours increase the possibility of a  person contracting the bacterial contamination.

As indicated by statistics, one out of a 100,000 American individuals will suffer from TSS but it’s still important to be familiar and concerned of the possible dangers.

Side effects are similar to the flu virus, including high fever, nausea, diarrhoea, dizziness, fainting, and disorientation.

Help us spread awareness of the dangers and SHARE this post with all your friends and family on Facebook.

Published By Trending Stylist, Scroll Down To Read Similar Stories.