It’s our responsibility to keep our children safe and away from people who would do them harm as their parents.
Teaching children to be aware of the dangers they face in everyday life is a large part of our important role either online or outside when physically interacting with other human beings.
Once he found out that his 15-year-old daughter was being groomed by a stranger on the internet he was forced to take matters into his own hands.
This dad knew he had to do something about it once he found out that a man was stalking his 15-year-old daughter (sending pictures and nude messages over Facebook).
Before hatching a plan of his own he went to the police and showed them the messages.
Jeremy Dewayne Gibson was trying to convince the teenager to meet up with him while her father had been tracking his daughter’s phone for some time through app Family Time and so had been privy to the information.
Once he realized that Gibson was planning on coming to his family home, it wasn’t long before the father set up a sting operation involving a tent and a surveillance camera.
In order to lure Gibson in, he let on that his daughter was waiting for him in the tent.
Just as planned, the stalker arrived at a little past midnight and approached the tent where the camera caught something to enrage dad.
Instead, it wasn’t actually the man’s daughter inside the tent but a woman who wasn’t alone was lying in wait.
Hiding close by was the dad and two other men, waiting for Gibson to move in.
Once he did the men leaped from their hiding spot and tackled him to the ground, binding his hands and feet with cable ties.
The police thereafter applauded the operation, stating that it had been executed professionally and properly.
Trending Stylist has gathered a number of tips to do if you encounter a stalker.
* Report to the police what you have experienced.
* Try to document all contact. Save SMS, messages on your answering machine, emails, social media messages, letters etc.
* Tell people that you feel threatened.
* Be very clear that you don’t want contact with that person. Avoid all contact – even forms of rejection can lead to renewed interest on the part of the stalker.
* You may need to change both your phone number and email address. Be careful and think security first when using social media.
* Remember that you can apply for a contact restraining order via the police.
Take a look at the dad’s plan in action in the video below:
Please share this if you think the dad did the right thing in taking the matter into his own hands.
Published by trending Stylist.